Our History

A brief history of our organisation

R.P. Motors, having operated for 50 years, has gained a reputable presence in the Werribee South community. It all started in April 1970, when Roberto and Vilma Piovesan launched their business on the corner of Duncans Road and Hoppers Lane in Werribee South.

 

The business originally began as a small mechanical repairs workshop. The organisation later progressed to providing sales, spare parts and service to Fiatagri tractors, and was formally elected a Fiatagri dealership to the local community of Werribee South in the mid 1970s. Robert Piovesan, Roberto & Vilma's son joined the business, initially as an apprentice service technician in 1988.

 

In 1991, new service and administration facilities were constructed, to accommodate increasing market demands of the local area. In the mid 1990s, R.P. Motors then progressed to selling both Fiat and Ford tractors, after Fiatagri acquired 80% of Ford New Holland in 1991. Once the two brands merged in 1995, and became New Holland Agriculture, R.P. Motors came to sell the newly formed tractor brand. In 1997, Melissa Snape, Roberto & Vilma's daughter joined the business, in an administrative role. In 2008, new administration, parts & showroom facilities were completed.

Fast-forward to today, R.P. Motors prides itself of its family run business. Roberto and Vilma’s son and daughter, Robert & Melissa respectively are now actively involved with all aspects of management and operation. Robert, leading as Dealer Principal and Melissa as Director of Finance.

Photo Gallery

50 Years - Serving Our Community

© 2014 - 2020 R.P. Motors Pty. Ltd.

500 Duncans Road, Werribee South 3030

(03) 9742 1360

rpmotors.werribee@bigpond.com

  • White Facebook Icon
  • White Twitter Icon
  • White YouTube Icon
  • White Instagram Icon